Useful Links

Chain graphic

For reporting issues and problems that are Hastings Council’s responsibility, use the ‘My Hastings’ reporting system. Sign up for an account if you don’t have one – you’ll get a personal page that tells you when your bin collection days are, what planning applications have been submitted in your neighbourhood, details of your Council Tax or Housing Benefits accounts, along with other useful information:

To find out about a planning application, and to submit a comment on an application, there’s a page on the Hastings Council website:

For reporting problems with highway repairs or streetlighting, use the East Sussex County Council reporting system:

To report problems with housing estates managed by Optivo Housing Association, there’s a (rather limited) online reporting system. You have to create an account to use it, but Optivo tenants can also use it to report repairs:

You can report rough sleepers via Streetlink, a national charity. They will pass details to the borough council and local agencies working with rough sleepers so they can be offered help:

For reporting crimes, there’s a Sussex Police page, but always phone 999 to report a serious crime or a crime in progress:

To check whether a vehicle is taxed and has a current MOT certificate, use the DVLA site. Note that a vehicle cannot be reported as abandoned if it’s still taxed:

If after checking, you find that a vehicle isn’t taxed or MOT’d, you can report it here:

You can also report incidents of dangerous driving, including cars parked in a way that obstructs the footway or highway, and abandoned vehicles, on Operation Crackdown:

East Sussex County Council has a responsibility for making sure that Public Rights of Way are kept clear. To see a map of all Public Rights of Way in East Sussex, there’s a page here: